Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sunday Smiles

Sunday evening we had a few friends over for dinner. Dave and Lesley brought dessert. Tara brought fruit. Sam and Jackie brought drinks. And Hans brought the games.

Hans brought two games. One was the traditional Mexican Dominoes which is always great fun. The other is the obscure game I had never heard of or played before.

Basically, the idea is to get a carrot, tied to your waist, into a tiny jar. You time each other to see who can do it first. Here are some photos from the event. You will notice my photo is not on here. That is because, well, this is my blog, and if I felt like I looked like a complete idiot and didn't want other people to see, then I believe that is completely my prerogative. (Did you know the the word "perogitive" is actually not a word? It is actually prerogative and supposed to be pronounced as such. You learn something everyday!) Okay, back to the pictures. I won't share names of who is who, but Jackie was the winner!!!


All right, now for a few pictures that aren't as embarrassing. Well, at least they aren't as embarrassing as the pictures shown above.

Well maybe this picture is embarrassing. This picture of Hans and Tara cracks me up. I don't know who is funnier, Hans making a face like something smells or Tara doing I don't know what. I love this picture!


And here is just a sweet picture of Sam and Jackie!

In other news, I go in for my first blood of work at 7:00 this morning. This will tell them how I am responding to the drugs. This Gonal I take, as I have mentioned before is a very, very expensive drug. JB told me today that I shouldn't complain about taking 225 once a day (which in comparison to some of my friends, is a lot.) He said he has learned on REI that women can have to take much more -- up to 300 two times a day! I cannot even possibly calculate how much this would cost. My only guess is $600 a day! (Or $300 a day with Mayo's insurance.) This was unfathomable to me. I will not complain anymore.

I also went to my next acupuncture appointment last night. I was much more relaxed this time and seemed to get much more out of the appointment. He really helped with my headaches as well with an addition eastern medicine "massaging" technique. Quite fascinating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh- THAT's fair. Show not only a picture of my butt but also of me doing who-knows-what and leave off pictures of you. Hrmmmph. I should start a blog and only put on pretty pictures of me and compromising pics of you.
:) j/k.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh yeah, go ahead. Idle threats!