Friday, June 02, 2006

Last night I watched David Letterman

Well late last night, Mike and Deanna Wilson and their kids arrived in Rochester, Minnesota. Actually, I think they arrived around 9:00 but after stopping at the Rays, it was midnight when they arrived.

While I waited (and dosed here and there), I watched a bit of TV. I watched the Scripps National Spelling Bee which was quite entertaining. Those kids are amazing! I seriously could not have spelled one of those words correctly and I taught English and am a writer! I watched a special with Diane Sawyer on foster children (which I feel, totally went against its mission of introducing these children to the world by introducing children who weren't even up for adoption), and I watched David Letterman.

I don't know if I have every actually watched David Letterman before. Maybe when I was very young, and I used to babysit. I don't think I have been up past 11:00 on a weeknight in years! Tom Cruise was on. Of course, the entire topic was on his new baby so maybe I would have done better watching something else.

Anyways, the Wilsons are here to celebrate English Brown's graduation. Her party is tonight so either later tonight or tomorrow morning I will try to post a few pictures. I'll bring my camera and as always, Veronica will volunteer to "use up all my digital pictures" as Ronnie explains it. I didn't want to interrupt his rebuking of his daughter to explain that you cannot really "use up" digital photos, but I felt like that would be undermining his authority (even though I know Veronica and I both were confused about what he was talking about.) I like when Veronica takes pictures for me. It saves me the hassle of doing it and then I can take all the credit later. Except for all the pictures of feet. Veronica, why do you take pictures of everyone's feet?

I'll be back later today or tomorrow. Have a great first weekend in June.

No comments: