Saturday, May 13, 2023

So much truth


I ABSOLUTELY KNOW I will miss this season IMMENSELY. My kids still need me. But they need me SO much. My day is simply getting them to and from things. 

And before anyone suggests: cut down the activities. It really isn't that simple. We've been very intentional about the things they are doing. Sidge is only doing karate for his PE credit for example. 

But Isaac has truly made the decision that his future will involve the arts: music/theatre etc. This being the case, we've decided to really lighten up his school load each of the next four years and have him spend a significant amount of time each day working on his music. This will include theatre, guitar, piano, and voice lessons. We think that this is incredibly important for his future. Whatever he decides to do, we have no doubt it will include this natural musical talent God gave him. 

As for the girls: it is really just ballet. And ballet is a lot. I hold no preconceived notions about my daughters being ballet stars. Nor would I actually want them to be ballet stars if that possibility were there. But this is giving them a solid growth both in the Lord, their bodies, positive image, and movement. 

As a family: Heritage Home Scholars and Central Ballet Theatre are our two "things." They are our ministry. We plan to pour into these two things, in addition to our church of course. 

We also have been called into fostering more and more. Not fostering ourselves. But standing alongside families as they foster and adopt and help children who are hurting. God has also made that VERY clear. We have many families in our lives who need our support, and God has asked us to support them. 

But I'm ... tired.




No comments: