Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Adventures of Elijah

It's Elijah! My Mom wanted me to write what happened today when I went squirrel hunting. Even though I didn't get any squirrels, I found some pretty weird and cool stuff. But even before I went out, I went to move the sheep and walked by the pond. A baby red-winged blackbird saw me and jumped from his nest and fell into the water. He then swam back to his nest and climbed in. 

A few hours later I went hunting and saw another baby red-winged blackbird in the field, and then, once I reached the woods, I saw my first of about seven lizards. I also saw a snake and a herd of deer. (I saw 3-4 deer. But there is a good chance there was more.) Way late into the hunt I saw what I think was bear scat and maybe a log busted apart by the bear. After that I found the biggest three-point antler I have ever seen (pictured below.) In the photo, I compared it to two other antlers I have.


 

On the way around our big pond I saw a green heron upside down in a tree. At first I thought that it was getting attacked by a pair of red-winged blackbirds defending their nest from him, but he was just laying there so I tried to get him down to maybe show him to my family. While attempting this, I saw that there was a snake wrapped around him. I quickly hit the tree causing both of them to fall down. Upon hitting the ground, the snake let go and climbed back into his tree, and the heron took off. Finally I was saw a couple foot wide ant hill (pretty large for here).

1 comment:

Joia said...

This is an insane number of incredible things to happen ALL IN ONE DAY!!! Wow! I loved this!