Sunday, February 07, 2021

Hope!



I didn’t watch the Super Bowl ... but I watched this poem thanks to a heads up from my always-keeps-me-in-the-loop-friend-Patty. 

My cousin reminded me last week that in the midst of COVID we must not forget the hope. The good. The positives. The silver linings. 

And oh there are so many. 

One of those positives is recognizing the heroes in our communities. Not the celebrities. But the actual heroes. Our teachers. Our doctors. Our nurses. Our police officers and military members. The people that work so that we can live. 

I’ve honestly never thought of what John does as hero-worthy, but I’m realizing it is. I’ve also realized more than ever how hard what he does really is. This week he watched a young child lose a parent. And he had to help a nurse during a physical attack from a patient. 

Silver linings. Time with family. Shifting of priorities. Preparation for the future. Hope. 

1 comment:

TAV said...

I watched Amanda Gorman at Biden's Inauguration and found her truly inspiring. I can't wait to get her kids' book coming out later this year. All the musical numbers and her tribute were far more interesting than the abysmal game this year, so you didn't miss much!