Thursday, July 25, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Sumac-Ade

We have sumac trees on our farm that look a little like this:


Jacob has been talking bout making Sumac-ade and yesterday he and Tijmen did! (The only thing I did was help was some of the dishes they used. Otherwise I was not much help.) Here are some pictures of the process:






Here is the link to the recipe that Jacob used. We only added honey to sweeten it and it is simply delicious! I absolutely LOVE making things right from our farm that we can enjoy here on the farm -- even if I am just getting to taste it and not help make it.

 

2 comments:

Bethany Wooller said...

I was an awesome feeling when i found out that i am pregnant, i could not believe myself, after trying for years now, finally i have been able to be called a proud mother to my baby boy. my husband is glad too, by standing by me all the way with strong feeling we will achieve this together. i am giving this hint to couples who are struggling with infertility, your time as come as well, with the help of Dr Iya herbal remedy, which i myself use to get pregnant with few days of using it as directed by the doctor. you can also have a child to call your own. this is the doctor contact nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com

Rachael said...

I've always wondered the name of this tree, ever since I was in fourth grade and tried the berries on the way to school then used that as an excuse to have my mom pick me up! The nurse had me point out the tree and told my mom it wasn't poisonous and that I probably just didn't want to be at school that day! I've never been able to remember the name and never remembered to Google it. Your post makes me want to try them again!