Tuesday, July 09, 2019

We Bought a Farm: The Slug


"I have no obligation to deal with slime."Terry Sanford

Arabelle has been sleeping on the porch each evening with her pups. I've debated leaving her gate open so she can potty as she does so choose, but that means I worry about the pups being exposed to any predators that are wandering our yard. 

So I choose to get up when she cries and let her do her business. And after she is done doing her business, I shut the gate back up to keep her and the little eight puppies safe.

Last night, she left to go potty and wasn't coming back. I went to my bed and laid down. When I came back, I walked out onto the porch and stepped in something very wet and gooey. 

At first glance I thought it was poop.

It was not.

It was slug. 

I would have rathered it be poop.

If you have never had slug slime stuck to your body, count yourself lucky. That stuff will not come off. 

And if you are lucky enough to have the slime perched between each of your toes, you are even more lucky.

My only choice, at 3:30 in the morning, was to climb into the bathtub and grab a towel and begin to scrub slug slime from between my toes. 

Absolutely disgusting. 

Take it from me.

I'll add that to my farming 101 book. 

Slugs.

#Ican'tbelivethisismylife
 

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: