Wednesday, February 06, 2019

First Library Cards for the Girls!

 "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.Walt Disney 


A note from JB:

My daughters both got their first library cards today... and they were excited about it! 
We read in this house.
A lot. 
When I was a kid, I had to leave my bike at the library so that I could walk home with the stack of books I checked out. Then I had to walk back to get my bike. 
Now, when I’m not working nights, I read to my kids a chapter or two almost every evening before bed.
My two 10-year-old boys currently read for about an hour before bed every night, and this is after I read to them. And it looks like my girls are starting to follow in their footsteps.
So happy to be passing on a love for reading!

 

No comments: