Friday, September 28, 2018

If there is even a glimpse of truth ...


When I went to high school with my friend Cathy, she wasn't really living for God. I am not even sure she knew Him. But as the years have gone by, she has turned to Him and made him Lord of her life. She has not had an easy life. She has had a pretty stinky life by many accounts. She really has gotten the short end of the stick time and time and time again.

Cathy recently posted this on her Facebook page, and I asked permission to share it. I think it is such a beautiful and honest truth that we need to hear and be aware of. 

I love you Cathy. I'm proud of you.

I’m mad at God. I’m actually angry at God. I’ve had a familiar conversation with Him recently and said some things I shouldn’t have. It’s not the first time I’ve been angry with Him. I can bet it won’t be my last time either. 
Why do I get the short end of the stick all the time? Why don’t my prayers get answered? Why does He give me the desires of my heart only to take them away once I’ve become attached? Why do I feel invisible to God? Why does He allow so much heartache and disappointments in my life? 
I have 100 questions swirling in my head that I honestly can’t answer. I don’t know why He lets these things happen to me or what His plan is for my life. I need to stop trying to answer questions I have no business trying to answer. Instead let the One that made me finish His masterpiece. Yes, I’m a masterpiece. I was created by the Perfect One and He doesn’t make mistakes. 
If there is even a glimpse of truth in this picture, it’s something I don’t want to miss out on. This picture is exactly as I picture my first day in Heaven. This is the picture that keeps me going when my depression is too heavy. 2 Corinthians tells us to walk by faith not by sight. So, as a Bible believing Christian, that’s what I must do. I should stop trying to answer questions and instead keep my eyes focused on the things I do know. So far this is all I came up with: Yes, Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. I think that’s a very good beginning. 
I have since had a better conversation with God and apologized for my words. He is waiting for our hug. So am I.
-- Cathy

No comments: