Friday, August 31, 2018

Hand it over to God

I got ready for bed last night feeling incredibly anxious. My husband was too. Our renovation project was weighing on us. And that wasn't all. So many little details were causing us to argue. Causing me to snap at the kids. Causing me ... us ... to lose focus.

We truly feel like we've been under a spiritual attack. The Lord is moving on our farm and in our lives. Satan doesn't like that. Period.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials...

I mean a bear? For crying out loud! Job couldn't make this stuff up.

But as I went to my bed, my father called. I had sent a text to a few people asking for prayer a bit previously that evening. I had said, "We don't need advice. Just prayer."

But my dad offered advice. (They can get away with that you know because they're your dad and you can't just get a new one of those very easily.)

He told me to let God lead. Let God settle the uneasiness in our hearts. Let God handle fixing the wrongs. To stop trying to worry about things ourselves. To let God be the judge.

Since my iPhone is currently broken, and I can't talk on it unless I am on speaker phone, JB overheard the conversation as he got ready for bed. As I crawled into bed next to him He looked and me and said, "Well, I feel tons better."

And so do I.

It was exactly what we both needed to hear. We simply "released" it to God and woke up this morning feeling a big weight lifted off os us.

While it may seem like I "put it all out there" on my Blog, if you know me in person and are in my inner circle, you are aware that there are a lot more things going on then what I choose to share on these pages.

That's because we all have things that are too personal, too sensitive, too embarrassing to put out there for anyone to read.

As we laid in bed that evening feeling such peace about truly giving this to God to carry on his shoulders, I flashed back to a situation JB had faced at work a few months prior. It was causing him a lot of stress, and he didn't know how to proceed. As he laid in bed, wide awake well after he should have gone to sleep, it was me (the person in our relationship that is usually the worry-wort) that just truly felt the peace that can only come from the Holy Spirit sort of "wash over" me.

I told JB that he had to stop figuring this out. He had done everything right. He is a righteous man who strives to put Christ first in everything he does. God was in control, and we had to simply let God lead. John kept trying to figure out what his next move should be. But in the end, the move was not his to make. As long as he kept trying to figure it out himself, he would be stuck wondering and battling insomnia. The battle was the Lord's!

So we prayed and turned it over to the Lord. We asked HIM to take care of this situation. We asked HIM to show JB what it was he should do about what was happening. We decided not to try to make any moves, but instead asked God to make the move.

And He did.

Again, details aren't important, but the next day, without JB doing a THING, the wheels began to turn and the situation was worked upon without John initiating anything. All he had to do was let God spin the wheels and take each step as the Lord laid it out in front of us.

In the end, the situation has begun to be resolved in ways FAR BEYOND our expectations. In our wildest dreams we would have never thought that what happened would have happened.

But it did.

It is SO SO SO SO hard for me to turn over my worry and concern to the Lord. In this situation, it was fairly easy if I am being honest because John was not worried about being unemployed. It was simply a stressor that he didn't want to deal with and was causing him angst.

What are you dealing with right now? Can you give it to Him? HAND IT OVER! DO IT!

I know, it's easy for me to say. Especially when your mountain is probably WAY BIGGER than this tiny mountain we were facing. But I promise you, He can handle it way better than you can.

Give it to God.

It's his battle.

You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Thanks for sharing this Wendi! I needed to read this today!