Monday, July 30, 2012

The good news is ...

... that these are clean underwear.



I have made a decision I am incredibly happy with. I am storing all of the kiddos laundry right in the laundry room. Instead of dragging clean clothes upstairs and putting them away only to go get them and bring them downstairs to get the kids dressed to go out again, I have all of them right in the laundry room -- (an idea I got from the Duggars' book.)

The only problem with this is that Abigail has figured out how to open up every single one of these cabinets. She loves to get the boys' pajamas out and wrap them around her neck. She also loves to get out their clean underwear and walk around swinging them in the air and putting them in her mouth.

Yes I know I can childproof the cabinets. The problem is that the boys' clothes are put at their level so that they can help me put them away. So that they can get them out themselves. If I childproof to keep Abigail out, I'm not sure that the boys will be able to allow themselves to get in. And the childproofing will also really slow me down.

So, for now, I'm just waiting till she tires of whatever it is she is playing with and then putting them back away. It creates more work -- but more memories!

3 comments:

Katie said...

haha! my caroline is wearing the same dress today! :)

Jennifer said...

Can you get the magnet childproof locks? You use a magnet to open the door back up. My 2 year old already knows how to tell us to do it (he can't quit do it himself), so I am sure the boys could do it. Here's a link for the kind we have: http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Magnetic-Deluxe-Starter/dp/B0000488W2/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_text_b

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Jennifer, I have seen these in action at a friend's house. This might be the way to go. I just KNOW I'll have to find that darn magnet all the time!