Thursday, July 05, 2012

Meet the newest addition ...

... to the Kitsteiner household. "Island bombs" are very common on the island. Families will purchase a second, dirt cheap vehicle (this beauty was $800 USD) and then resell it when they leave, two years later. Our van still isn't here, but believe it or not, we can all fit into this gem. (We don't plan to do it often, if at all, once our van gets here.) The idea was that JB can drive this little car back and forth to work. (It gets fantastic gas mileage and is a stick shift.) And I will have the van with the kids in it. However, since there will be times JB needs to take the kids somewhere, and I need to go somewhere by myself, I am going to have to relearn how to drive a stick. Not looking forward to that at all -- especially on a very hilly island. Our very first car as a married couple was a stick, and I learned how to drive it. But it's been well over ten years, and even then, I didn't drive it with a lot of hills. Unfortunately, automatic "Island bombs" are the exception, so learn I will. Welcome to a bustling household little "Island Bomb."

1 comment:

Judy Woodford said...

Driving the stick shift will come back to you - it's like riding a bike... =)