Saturday, August 16, 2008

Flying redeems itself

This will be a short post since I am Typing it one handed -- a chubby little munchkin on my lap.

We arrived in Chicago right on time yesterday! What a great flight. After the horrible experience we had on our trip to Minnesota, I was worried, but all was great. First, they let me check two bags. I think it had to do with the fact that I booked this trip many months ago. Secondly, the flight wasn't full so they even let me put Isaac's car seat in the seat next to me. He ate and then slept until we landed. It was a tiny little plane -- just a few dozen people on board. When I had to go to the bathroom, the flight attendant sat next to Isaac. "Just in case he woke up," she told me. How sweet.

My cousin Jason picked us up from the airport in O'Hare. That's about 90 minutes from their home in Indiana, but his new job at Trinity is halfway there so it wasn't quite as a bad of a trip for him. When we got to Jason & Kathleen's house, Josh and Sarah and their two boys were here as well as my Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary, cousin Justin, and Grama.

Isaac did great, and I just fed him this morning. Today we head to my Aunt Linda's for a fun family cook-out/baby shower. It should be great! Hopefully pictures will come, but probably when I get home. The only thing that could make this trip better so far is having JB with me. But he said that he and Scrubby are doing some heavy-duty bonding in our absence. :)

No comments: