Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Prayers

Okay Andi! Andi asked many moons ago and then recently how she can pray for us and our upcoming adventures. I admit, I say "please pray for us" but I don't get much more specific than that. She specifically touched on prayer for me surrounding our mission trip. When we leave for the trip at the end of March, I will repost specific prayers for us in Nigeria. Since I won't be blogging much, if at all, during those six weeks, they will be readily available to anyone who stops into the "Polar North".

The next three months of our lives might be the busiest three months in the history of our lives. We will be going on a six week mission trip, graduating from medical school, doing a transfer, moving to Florida, and both starting new jobs/careers, and possibly moving forward with adoption or a pregnancy. That being the case, I realized that we definitely need prayer and a lot of it. However, specifically, if you are praying for us would you pray:

  • That the Lord gives me sweet sleep in Nigeria and South Africa.
  • That all the details of handing my medications while across the world are taken care of and that my body responds appropriately.
  • That we are able to get all the things done that need to be done before we leave without me nagging JB to death.
  • That I have peace about what I will be doing in Nigeria each day. I am a planner, and I have been told repeatedly that this trip will require flexibility and adaptation to circumstances.
  • That the Lord reveals to both JB and I what it is he wants us to be doing with missions. We pray that this trip opens our eyes and our hearts to the direction He has for our lives.
  • That our condo sells or rents -- whichever it is the Lord wants for it.
  • That we could move into our place in Florida without having to go into temporary housing.
  • That amongst the ten people in JB's residency class, that there are a few Christian couples that we can get support from -- particularly couples who are compassionate and understanding of our infertility journey as are the people we are friends with here.
  • That the Lord would use us in Florida. That our home would be a haven to people who are alone and without support -- just like us.
  • For a successful transfer on May 31st -- 4th time is the charm!!!
  • For wisdom on how and when to proceed with adoption.
  • For save travel for all our friends and family coming to the graduation and all of us as we get ourselves moved to Florida.
  • For JB to have wisdom and he begins to treat patients and work through his residency.

I hope that list is long enough for starters. Again, I'll post a more specific prayer list for our mission trip right before we leave.

2 comments:

AW said...

(((Wendi)))

This is PERFECT! I firmly believe in praying for specifics, but being open to His will if it's in another direction. (BTW, being told I need to be flexible on a mission trip to Latvia several years ago, was the best advice I ever received. Like you, I HAVE A PLAN FOR EVERYTHING! LOL! This was my way of letting go of those and letting God work His magic. And a magical mission it was once I got out of His way!) ;-)

So thrilled to pray for you!

Andi

PS: I haven't forgotten about the package. I just haven't gotten around to the post office yet! :-(

Anonymous said...

i'm back from TN and thus back to your blog -i'm so glad for these specific prayer requests...it will be so fun to pray for them and see God working in and thru you two dear ones! love you much
Tante Jan