Sunday, June 13, 2021

Ballet Camp 2021 (Part I)

This past week, both my girls attended a ballet camp. For Hannah, it was an older version of "Princess Camp." This was perfect for my youngest. While she has an athletic body and all the potential in the world, I'm not sure her desire is anywhere close to her potential at this point. Here is a video of their closing "show":

Hannah Ballet full dance

In fact, you can see from this video below, that even when doing ballet, she figures out ways to be silly:

Hannah Ballet (short, silly clip)

Abigail, on the other hand, is all-focus. When she was Hannah's age, she participated in a six hours a day camp. (Hannah would never want to do that.) But Abigail is a very serious dancer. This was actually a "beginner" camp, however, the girls in it were her age, and I thought it would be nice to do something "short and sweet" (two hours a day) with kids her own age for once. (She's often with older girls.) She ended up getting to "lead" one of the dances as you can see below. (I know I am partial, but I think she did an amazing job).

Abigail Ballet full dance 1

And here is the second dance they performed:

Abigail Ballet full dance 2













No comments: