Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Good bye (for now)


We took Grampa and Grama to the airport yesterday. They are flying back to America to put some finishing touches on their lives there. They will be back in a little while so it definitely isn't good bye. But it was still hard to watch them leave. We are so glad that when we move to Tennessee in June, they are coming with us! 

Their presence in our home over the last few months has been beyond words for me. With them there, it really feels like home. How did we get so blessed? I have no idea. I don't feel like I deserved it, but for the first time in our married life, we had family nearby. And it felt great.

The good news? Right before they return, we have two other visitors. Joni is coming for about 10 days and then my mom is coming for about 10 days! I am so excited. Our last few months in the Azores will be filled with some wonderful people!

See you soon Grampa and Grama!

No comments: