Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday Funnies

Sidge was keeping me company while I was trying on some new shirts from Target Online. He was wearing some shorts and underwear but was bear-chested.
Me: "Do you like my shirt, Sidge?" I asked him, modelling one of the new buys.
Sidge: "I do."
Me: "Thanks."
Sidge: "Do you like my shorts and underwear, Mommy?"
*****
There is a little "reading nook" in the waiting room of "Daddy's Clinic". We will often sit down and read a few books if JB is taking longer-than-expcted to get freed up for lunch. The other day, I realized that I have no recollection of what we have read while waiting as later that day, the following conversation took place:
Sidge: "That scared me out of my shorts."
Me: "Where did you learn to say that from?"
Sidge: "From Isaac."
Me: "Isaac, where did you learn that from?"
Isaac: "From a book you read me at Daddy's Clinic."
*****
Sidge has figured out a way to stop Grampa from tickling him. When Grampa comes into the room saying, "I'm a monster, I am going to tickle you," Sidge says, "Wait! Stop! I'm just like you! I'm a monster too!" Then he pauses as if being in deep thought and says, "How 'bout ... Let's go tickle ... Isaac!"
*****
Sidge borrowed daddy's squirt bottle (which he uses to wet the boys' head when he gives haircuts.) I told him he could borrow it, but he couldn't squirt people.
Sidge: (looking at Grampa, trying to figure out what he could squirt that was acceptable:) "What should I do Grampa?"
Grampa: "Well, why don't you just mess around a bit."
Sidge: "Okay. But, ummm ... what should I mess around with?"
*****
Me: "Abigail is taking a nap Sidge. You can either stay in the upstairs living room and be quiet or you can come downstairs with me."
Sidge: "I will come down with you and be loud."
*****
While Grampa was holding Sidge at the hardware store:
Sidge: "Grampa, what are these things on your neck?"
JB: "Those are wrinkles."
Grampa: "You get those when you're old Sidge."
Sidge (to Grampa): "Are you old?!"
*****
I love how Sidge says instructions. He says: "Destructions." When he opened the new lego toy he picked out he said, "Oh. We need to find the destructions." When it comes to legos and three-year-olds, destructions might be the best way to describe them.
*****
When I asked the boys what they wanted to be for Halloween, Sidge told me, "I want to be Mader. No Lighning. No. I want to be Mader and Lighning mixed together."
*****
I knew it was coming. Espcially when you are a blonde mother who rarely shaves her legs. While holding Sidge yesterday and reading a book he said, "Why are your legs spiky Mom?"
*****
The boys are getting used to having a Grampa who drinks coffee every day. Sidge told me, "I like juice in my coffee."

No comments: