Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day of Splashing!

At first, Abigail jumped right in the puddles, practically leading the way ...

But then she decided to stand off on the side and just watch brothers play. Big Brother #1 thought this was a bad idea. He decided to make little sister splash.

I told him to stop, and he took off running again.
 

Running right by little sister and making a point to get her wet.

She deicded to give this whole puddle thing another try.
 

The boys became a bit frustrated that she was moving so fast and that they couldn't splash her. So they decided to work together to try to hold her in one spot.
 
Here you witness Big Brother #1 holding her still while Big Brother #2 does as many fast splashes as possible.
 

After trying to hold her in place and actually pushing her over and soaking her and Abigail starting to scream, I told the boy to leave their little sister alone and to instead find something else to play with. They did. They decided to lay in the puddle. (Yes, I know this is dirty, and yes, I told them to get up, but it took awhile for the instruction to register within their brain recesses.)
 

Here they are basically not laying in the water, but still coming close. And of course, there is little sister, observingand barking unintelligible answers from the sideline.

Not laying down. But sitting down. Isaac kept saying to me: "Look Mom. The water makes my shirt dark green."

I had to stand by the front of the puddle, where cars can sometimes go zipping down. People would slow down and have a good look at my three little sweeties passing time on a rainy day.

These two little boys are the very best of friends. They do everything together. And they really get along pretty well nearly all of the time.
 
Time to go home folks.
 
One more quick belly lay down before we went.

Some giggle time.
 
Walking back to the house.

I still am in awe that I have been entrusted with all three of tehse precious lives to raise. I feel so incredibly lucky, every single day, to be the mother of Isaac, Sidge, and Abigail.

No comments: