Wednesday, April 04, 2012

More prayers

I wrote this post in the end of January sharing four answers to prayer that the Lord had provided for me and my family. And yet, here I am, waiting nearly seven days to discuss my migraine. I guess I kept thinking, "Today will be the last day." But here I am fighting a migraine that has been present for a week. I have learned to function through it. I've had to. And it is far from the worst one I have ever had. But each day I wake up and despite trying various medications, including a shot in the Clinic one morning, I have had next-to-no success getting it to go away.

So now I am asking for you all to pray for me. I have asked some friends here, but I could use even more prayer that this headache will go away. My doctor-hubby has informed me that this is not unusual. That sometimes people can have a headache which lasts for a longer-than-expected amount of time. Even a week or weeks or more.

These migraines, however, have been happening more and more frequently since I had Abigail, and I could use some relief. Especially considering I am a stay-at-home-mom of three children and the movers are coming to do their pre-move inspection ... today.

Thanks all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you working out? I recently realized that I get less migraines when I workout. I also have worked out with a migraine and it made my migraine go away. I'll pray for you. I understand you pain but I don't have kids. I couldn't imagine a migraine with kids.

- Diana

Kendra said...

Praying!

AW said...

I am so sorry Wendi. I once had a migraine attach itself to me for 11 days. Exhausting and spirit draining. I'll pray for quick relief...

Eric and Manda said...

You definitely have my prayers. I've suffered from migraines for the last almost 10 years and they will stop you in your tracks. Sometimes with my migraines to take the extreme edge off I'll lay down (when the kids go to sleep) and put a cold rag on my foreheard and breath deep for about 15 minutes. Sometimes that is the only way to function. My prayers are with you that you find an answer to your pain.

Becky said...

Praying for healing and relief of this migraine. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this; I can only imagine how difficult it must be to function right now.

Emily said...

Praying for your immediate relief and strength - both physical and spiritual as you jump the many hurdles ahead of you right now!