Monday, February 07, 2011

A Moment with the Dad

Early on, when I sarted this blog, JB used to contribute from time to time. But he has said that this blog is now officially mine, and he doesn't feel much need, okay any need, to share.

Usually.

He sent me the following via email and said that I could put it on the blog if I wanted. Not a usual occurrence so I jumped right on it:

From the JB:

Recently when we were driving through the mountains of Turkey and admiring the rugged landscapes going by, I thought I would take a moment to teach the boys about the wonder of God.

I pointed to the snow peaked mountains and asked, "Boys, who made those mountains?"

Without a moment of thought, Elijah answered, "Dada!"

My heart melted at the innocence of thought that these boys could think I was even capable of such an achievement. How humbling to consider the responsibility of raising children and teaching them about the world and life when their minds are willing to accept the impossible.

No comments: