Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wendi Rocks!!

Joia here... I visited with Wendi and JB this evening. She is doing really well and looks amazing!! She's starting to get more mobile, and had just changed Elijah's diaper for the first time when I got there. (Previous to this, she hadn't been able to, so this was a milestone!)

She said she has no shame, and I could mention anything she said... =) Her bowels are starting to "get back into the swing" of things, and she's starting to be able to pass gas also, which is helping to aleviate a lot of the pressure/pain she's been experiencing. There's still a Lot of air in there though (which they've determined from a couple x-rays), so they don't want to move to fast. Right now she's allowed "sips and chips", small sips of water, and spoonfulls of ice chips. They don't really want to introduce anything new to her system, until everything else is cleared out and moving properly.

In the morning, she's allowed to have some jello and apple juice. She said, "I don't even really Like either of those things, but I'm soo excited to get to taste Something!" =) She's really anxious to be able to eat again, but doesn't want to do Anything that will delay or reverse her progress. It looks like she May be staying in until Friday now, instead of tomorrow, but they'll decide that for sure tomorrow. She said as much as she's Dying to get home, she'd much rather stay an extra day in the hospital, then go home too soon, and end up needing to come back. That would be terrible.

Some pictures:

Doesn't Wendi look FANTASTIC!?

Sweet little munchkin

Wendi received these in the mail from Hans and Rachel (and she wants you guys to know that she LOVES them - so do I!) and asked me to post them...

Matching "First Valentine's" shirts for Isaac and Elijah!

How cute!!

I finally got to hold him, and he had his eyes open!

Here's a cute picture of Isaac I took at the wifia lunch today...

He's soo smiley when the camera is pointed his way! =)

I will likely update again tomorrow when we know what the scoop is as far as when she'll be discharged...

9 comments:

Kendra said...

Wendi you look awesome!!! So glad to hear you are getting better Praise God! ;)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Man Joia...you are fast! Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Your boys are so cute Wendi and John! We miss you Wendi but want you all better soon! :)
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joia~Wen looks great!
I'm wondering how JB is looking? He's been thru the ringer-what a guy! You make it just a little easier to be so far away. Thanx for taking good care of them!
Love Gramma Di!

Anonymous said...

Wendi, you do look beautiful! I'm so glad thing's are finally getting back to normal.
Linda

Gabbs said...

Awww, Wendi, you look WONDERFUL!

ANd seeing my little Elijah brings tears to my eyes. I wish to hold him so much!!

And then there's my little Isaac who has changed so much since I last saw him. I miss him, and you guys A LOT!!

I'm going to have to come up soon.

Anonymous said...

I just love reading what community you live in! it reminds me of village life in Indonesia where if mom can't be there the kids are just fine with others they know and love surrounding them! that is dying in the US and even in churches! What joy to see it there for you Wendi!! We wish we all could be surrounding you too with love and help -but our prayers are!! xo Tante Jan
PS I can't help but think of those African women's prayers for you when I see Elijah!

Jennifer said...

Wendi, that is wonderful! Keep the pictures coming of both of the boys!

Bethany said...

You're lookin' great! Glad you're feeling better.

Bethany

Joy Z said...

Wendi DOES look wonderful!

Cute shirts, too cute that both boys get to wear a "my first valentine" shirt together! Amazing!

Elijah is adorable, what a cutie!

There is nothing like going home from the hospital, we're praying that that will be very soon for you Wendi!