Friday, February 06, 2009

Home has never been so sweet

I am home!

There will be, obviously, much more to come here on the blog in the days and weeks to follow. For now, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you. I could not get Internet in my room, but I read and reread the posts and comments that Joia printed out and sent my way. They were the highlight of my days! They gave me such a network of support and prayers and encouragement that were vital to my everyday life.

A very special thank you also to everyone who helped while I was gone: Joia for updating the blog and visiting me, Tiff for watching Isaac, Brittney for taking Isaac nearly every day I was gone so that JB could sleep and Mom could help me, the "wifia", Jodi and Bobbie's kids for walking Scrubs and playing with Isaac, friends from church, JB's coworkers, and so many others! Oh and OF COURSE JB's Mom and my mom! I'm sure there are many more people that I am forgetting at the moment. Please know we love you all.

For now, I'd appreciate your prayers. Please pray that I continue to heal and mend properly and have no major setbacks. I have to really stay on top of fluids and diet all the while trying to adjust to being a new mommy of two babies.

Much, much, much more to come.

P.S. I see that I have 406 emails. Forgive me if I don't get to them as promptly as I ordinarily do. :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to electronically welcome you home.

Enjoy, rest up and relax....

T

Suzanna Catherine said...

I'll be second! Glad you are back and feeling *somewhat* better. Hugs and prayers.

Rabens Family said...

Welcome Home! I am so happy for you guys. I am sure that you will be much more comfortable at home. Try to get some good rest tonight in your own bed. Don't try to do to much around the house though. Rest up and ask for help. We are here if you need anything. Just call.

Give Isaac big hugs and kisses from us. We are already going through withdrawal.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are HOME! Hope you are back feeling to your healthy self as soon as possible.

hugs to everyone!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm soo happy for you, Wendi! It's been such a long, hard week for you, I hope and pray that you get some sweet rest and "home sweet home" time now!

Also VERY happy to have you back on the blog - you do it so much better! =)

Kendra said...

Praise God :) So glad you are home!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Home, sweet home! I am so sorry you had to stay in the hospital for so long, but like you said, rather stay in an extra day or two than have to come back! Praying for a speedy recovery for you and an easy transition for Isaac (and you to being a mommy of two!). You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you. The day I came home from the hospital after having my second child, I was feeling very overwhelmed with the enormity of the responsibility, but in a quiet moment of the day, God spoke so clearly to me "I have been preparing you for this all of your life". He has everything under control and we are all in His hands!! Love, Jessica (Joia's SIL)

Anonymous said...

BTW, Joia did great in your absence!!! What a blessing to have sweet friends. Love, Jessica

Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back. Looking forward to hearing "your" version of the events.
XO
Aunt Linda

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you got to go home today. I'm sure it feels great to be back home and get into a normal routine. You're still in my prayers.

I remember how hard it was to drink a ton of fluid a day. I'm not much of a drinker anyway - I have my milk at meal times and that's about it - so it was hard for me to put down the required 2 pitchers of water, plus milk and some extras at each meal. You heal quick from a c-section having to get up every half hour and trek to the bathroom.

Praying you heal quickly. Oh, I've been updating HP on occasion since you went in last Friday. Hope you don't mind. I pretty much just posted a link to your blog.

Hugs,
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Wendi. Happy 9 months Isaac!!! And Happy One Week, Elijah!!
Love, Joan

ReBenMyers said...

Congratulations on going home. I know you are so happy to be in your own space. I pray you will continue to heal properly and hopefully quickly. God Bless

Iturblog said...

WELCOME HOME! Hope you're doing well. Praying for an easy recovery and re-adjustment!