Monday, December 08, 2008

Little bits of life

Lots of little things to report on.

First of all, my friend Joia. I can count on her to fill you all in on what's going on in my life when I don't do a good job. Two of her recent posts Pajama Party and Santa and DQ involved my life activities on Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon. So instead of blogging about them, I'll let you jump over to Joia's blog if you are interested. Thanks friend!

As for us, we had a wonderful weekend. JB is still training for his half marathon so every Sunday he does his "long run". He is now up to 5 miles. Scrubs is apparently trudging right along with him although JB did say Scrubs "pretended" to have to pee one time in order to get JB to stop. Smart dog!

JB not only got to run this weekend, but he got to spend a lot of time with Isaac which was much needed. The two headed off on Saturday morning for some "manly Christmas shopping" and also to the grocery store together on Sunday where JB tells me that Isaac was so overtired he burst out into tears when a little old lady went to talk to him. During that time I was able to clean the house and go for a walk just me and Scrubs. I am reminded how much simpler my life is when one piece of the formula is removed. Just having Scrubs here felt like the house was empty!

This is, thankfully, the last week of my hubby's Pensacola rotation! Thank goodness. Next week he starts urology which should mean he is home every day at a very reasonable time. We can't wait.

I'll close today's post with a video illustrating my new "Mommy Challenge." How do I convince baby to be nice to dog instead of the other way around. You can see how good Scrubs is with Isaac in this video and how oblivious Isaac is to the fact that Scrubs is actually something he has to be nice to.

7 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

awwwww Scrubs is such a good dog!

LOL the music in the background and your calm voice reminded me of a yoga video! LOL

Erica said...

haha Cute video! Isaac has really grown...I could tell even more through the video than through pictures!

Anonymous said...

Josh says...

Scrubs just laid there like a slug, it was his only defense!!!

Anonymous said...

Scrubs is so tolerant.... I know so many family dogs that pretty much do the same.... if it's too much, Scrubs will most likely just wander away... and Isaac will eventually learn what "pet the puppy nice" means.... just be patient with them both.... this is what Flash does when we have nieces & nephews visiting...

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh poor Scrubs!
It was kinda funny though...Isaac will learn and get it just right! :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet Scrubs!
And I can't get enough of seeing smiley Isaac! He is so adorable. Just precious!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good Mom.

Love,
Linda