In a nutshell:
- I am the next woman on Dr. G's delivery schedule!
- As of Friday, I'll be 36 weeks and will for-sure deliver here at Eglin. (Anything earlier goes to Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach where they have a NICU.)
- As of Friday, they would not try to stop labor if it started.
- Dr. G is guessing that Elijah is hovering in the six pound range right now. (She guessed pretty accurately with Joia and Andrea.)
- Dr. G's guess is that, if I make it all the way to 40 weeks, we are looking at an 8 to 8.5 pound baby! (Please only offer me encouragement and not concern regarding this fact.)
- I was tested for GBS today. Hopefully that will come back negative.
- My weight is a little over what Dr. G would have hoped I'd have gained, but she said it is nothing to be concerned with. She allowed me 40 pounds, and I am currently at 43. She said, and I agree, that it seems every single one of my pounds is directly in my belly!
- My belly is still measuring 1 or 2 weeks ahead which is within the "normal" range.
- The rib pain, while unfortunate, is most likely due to the fact that Elijah is still head down, butt at my belly button, and feet in my right ribs.
- Elijah is, without a doubt, for sure, no question, still a boy! :)
Some of you have asked our plans for "help" during baby time. My mother-in-law and possibly my Mom are hoping to come up when I go into labor. My mother-in-law will stay to help for awhile, and then Joan plans to come in. Tara and Lesley are also hoping to make visits in late February. My mother plans to come back around the second week of March. I made a special request that she be here when JB does nights.
Speaking of JB, it looks like he will have some significant time off! He still has over two weeks of vacation we have not used. In addition, the military just approved a ten day "paternity leave" that he will be able to utilize. We are hoping that he gets to take a lot of February off! How awesome would that be?
Next appointment is on Thursday next week. Until then . . .