Thursday, June 07, 2007

HEY EVERYONE!

  • I am on Eglin Air Force Base.
  • Gabbi posted pictures for me while I was offline.
  • Gabbi rocks!
  • I live on a street called Tapoco.
  • Finding my way from the west gate to my house is confusing.
  • It’s weird to show ID every time I come onto base.
  • I need to get a new ID that reflects my husband is a captain.
  • I need to get a new ID that reflects that my husband is active duty.
  • Signing in guests takes a long time.
  • My moms thought it was funny to make jokes with the woman in uniform while they were getting signed in.
  • The woman in uniform had a bullet proof vest on.
  • Our moms claimed this was because they were overtired.
  • The guard didn’t laugh at all.
  • Our moms said she didn’t have a good sense of humor.
  • I finally have Internet access (obviously).
  • The jets going overhead are very cool.
  • The jets going overhead are very loud.
  • Cell phone access on base is not good.
  • We are ordering a landline phone ASAP.
  • We will keep our cell phones because both our families have T-mobile.
  • We will have to sit on outside to talk to our families on the cell phones.
  • We have a screened in porch.
  • My mother, mother-in-law, and brother-in-law Robbie are Godsends.
  • Our house is very big.
  • I have not lived in a house since I was 4 and living in Thorton, Illinois.
  • Our house is 50% larger than any place I have ever lived.
  • I do not have the furniture for a house this big.
  • We have plenty of room for guests.
  • Please come visit.
  • Our grass is non-existent.
  • JB is excited to have a yard.
  • JB will eventually help the grass grow.
  • Sonic is very, very good.
  • If you come to visit, I will take you to Sonic, but I will have to limit my intake.
  • Our bird is having some adjustment issues.
  • I think she liked Minnesota better.
  • She is chirping a lot.
  • JB started his month of “in-processing” yesterday.
  • There are 10 people in JB’s internship class.
  • There are 8 men.
  • There are 2 women.
  • The 2 women are single.
  • The 8 men are married.
  • About half have children.
  • About half live on base.
  • JB looks cute in his uniform.
  • JB will be mad that I wrote that.
  • I am now online and will be back regularly.

13 comments:

Gabbs said...

Oh my goodness, Wendi.....that has to be the most hilarious post EVER!! So glad you are back online....YAY.

crazystegmamaof4 said...

LOL! I agree with Gabbs, you are hilarious, girl! It must be that FL sun just warming that sense of humor up! Glad you are getting settled! Love ya, my friend! Kel :)

crazystegmamaof4 said...

p.s...that's not to say you didn't have a sense of humor before you moved back to sunny FL...just wanted to make that clear :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all the details! I was laughing too! Hopefully, we'll see you sometime before the end of the year! Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

This mom is home. So is Rob-and his bike...
Your Mom is on the way to car return with the love of her life (the main one :))
Had a wonderful time:up,there and back
You two have a wonderful house
You have more storage space than me
I should get rid of stuff
You will get more stuff:)
You really do live in Florida! Yay!
Be aware: I am reading the Scrabble hand-book!

Amber said...

At least when you sit outside to talk on your cell phone ... it will be warm :)

Anonymous said...

So what do you miss about MN!?!

Anonymous said...

now this mom is home with the main love of her life.
He had the house in beautiful shape.
That is a wonderful thing.
this mom is about ready to bed and really doesn't want to ride in a car for awhile.
I will not be reading any scrabble books.
Loveyouguys.

Anonymous said...

Yep, hilarious! Always have been, always will be!!You and your BLOG ROCK!!Glad you are BACK!!!!And John looks AWESOME in his uniform!! Enjoy the hot Florida weather!!! Hope you have GREAT AC! N and T

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

What do I miss about Minnesota?

I miss getting around easily and I miss my friends. :) I think that's all right now. (It's 80 here!)

Anonymous said...

Well I think that we beat you yesterday...it was 90 here.

Anonymous said...

Wendi this was the funniest post EVER!!!!! I love it!

Kelsey

PS I want to go to Sonic so save up your Sonic visits

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ebby: that's the POINT ... How awesome is this place? Only Minnesota has killer summers AND winters. That's dumb. Also, did Victoria tell you I called you back?

Kelsey, does this mean you are coming to visit?!