Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Day at the Beach

My Oom Ed and Tante Jan came into town on Friday evening. JB made fajitas for dinner, and we just had a great night talking and hanging out.

On Saturday, JB had to go into work. When he surprisingly got off early (around 1:30pm), we decided to head to the beach! This is the first time I had been in my bathing suit since I got here. What a travesty! The beach was just as I remembered it. Amazingly beautiful.



After our time at the beach, we decided to head to "Destin Commons", a very nice shopping/eating/hanging out place. We had dinner at a casual seafood restaurant, Bluepoint Fishclub, watched the movie Ocean's 12, and then had some ice cream at Cold Stone. It was a wonderful evening. Here's a picture of my Aunt and me before dinner.


Today has been a very relaxing Sunday. It was wonderful to go through our photos from Nigeria with my Aunt and Uncle who could so relate to our stories from their experiences living in Indonesia. I am so blessed they chose this weekend to drive to visit us. I was so in need of some family and distraction -- just what the doctor ordered. My Uncle Ed also helped fix my computer (it was taking forever to start up) and helped me figure out that I can plug my camera card into my new printer without a new cord! No more photos with my camera folks!!! Okay, off to eat some Thai food for dinner.

4 comments:

David and Lesley said...

Surprise!

http://psalm2911.blogspot.com/

TAV said...

Hooray, Lesley! Now we have to work on Rachel and Hans. And Ajit :)
Wen- I'm so glad you can take "real" pics now :) I love the sand color!
And I'm sorry about "giving away" the trivia answers to you... I'm sure you would have gotten them anyway :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the pictures on the beach! Those are gorgeous! And what a fun day- going shopping, beach, and coldstone!! I also love your new photo header :)
- Cassi

Amy T. S. said...

Oh, gosh, that sounds glorious! I love the beach, seafood sounds good, and I adore Cold Stone.

I used to live a block from the beach in Newport Beach, CA. It was wonderful. I'd run on the boardwalk, jump into the sea in all my clothes, and drip my way back home.

Very fond memories of those days!