Sunday, June 10, 2007

Camera phones shoot cruddy pictures

Well I really need to buy a new cord for our camera. These pictures I am taking on my phone are fairly crummy. But at least you get the idea. Here is JB with his new grill completely set up. (He will be moving it outside now -- don't worry.) I think he is going to grill something tonight. Our first grilled out meal! This is in our humongo living room / formal dining room that we have no furniture for.

In other news, last night, JB's classmate Matt called and asked us out to dinner. They are the ones who live around the corner that we met the other day. His wife Tiffany's mother is in town for another two weeks so she watched their year old son. We went to the Crab Shack in Destin and sat outside. It was a fun time. They are die-hard Texans (and Aggies, Christo!) and were very good company. He is in aerospace medicine (which means he will be a flight doctor) and will most likely be in the military for career. So this is their first move of many. I'm sure we'll go out with them again.

I tried Dungeness crab which is apparently a west coast delicacy. It wasn't my favorite so I think that is enough of that kind of crab. I may have to stick with Snow crab. I like King crab, but it has prickly things all over it that make it hard to crack. I also really like hush puppies. I have managed to basically eliminate french fries from my diet after years of trying, but I think it may take me three years to get these things out of my diet. Or, I may just forgo trying and eat them. Those things are so good!!! And they are served with every meal. I'd venture to say if I went to a Mexican restaurant here, they'd serve hush puppies. Okay maybe not. But you get the idea.

Eating here presents a different problem though. Everything is seafood, and while seafood is good and pretty healthy, seafood is expensive. I think we are going to have to limit ourselves to like one night a week or less to try to prevent all of our money from going to the fish!

This morning we also began our search for a church. We tried Calvary Chapel Emerald Coast here in Fort Walton. It's only about 12 minutes from our home and that's with the fact that all the roads on base are like 20 mph. It was okay. We've definitely learned that different regions present different churches so we'll have to adjust all over again and find the one that fits us best. I'm sure we'll eventually find the church that God has for us. I'm not sure this was it, but we'll see.

If you think of it, please pray extra hard for me these next few days. The reality of getting my results is starting to sink in, and the emotions that surround that can often be overwhelming. I always covet the extra prayers, and right now, I really need them. I've done great up until now, but now, I'm starting to feel a heavier weight that is difficult to bear. I know the Lord will take care of me and appreciate your prayers at this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee, because, he trusts in thee.

Anonymous said...

Thabele and I will no doubt continue to send up prayers on your behalf. I can't explain it, but I have a peace about your situation that I hadn't had before. I love you Wen.

Jeff said...

We'll be praying for you.