Monday, May 28, 2018

JUST LIKE RITTER


My housekeeper, Robin, lovesssss our dog Ritter. When we began to talk of possibly having puppies, she kept telling me that she wanted one and that she wanted it to be one ...

JUST
LIKE 
RITTER!

But then, when the puppies were born, Robin had a lot going on in her life and just felt that it wasn't the right time. She passed on getting a puppy, and I found a home for all seven of our little wonders.

But then on Sunday at church, the family that was going to adopt one of those puppies decided it wasn't the right time for them. It just so happened that they were the family who was taking our one male red merle who looked ...

JUST 
LIKE 
RITTER. 



(We had even temporarily named him Ritter Jr.)

Here is a picture of Ritter with his namesake. It's hard to see from the picture, but these two look identical, down to the spots on their pink noses:

So today when Robin came to help us clean, I told her about the fact that Ritter Jr. was now up for adoption again. Robin held him for just one second before deciding that God was making his way perfectly clear. He was supposed to be her puppy.


I emailed the family who had passed to confirm that they indeed did want to pass right now. They told me they were sure. So I grabbed Ritter Jr. and walked into the laundry room and told Robin that it was official. God had decided that Ritter Jr. was destined to be her dog. In fact, she is even going to be calling him that -- Ritter Jr. because he looks ...

JUST
LIKE 
RITTER!


Sometimes we pray, and we think God has given us an answer. I prayed and He and I and John decided we weren't going to renovate the house. And then we had a flood, and God said, "No, I think you are." Sometimes I think God wants to see if you are going to listen, and once a decision is made he says: "Okay, and now, here you go. Here is exactly what you thought you were giving up."

My heart is bursting with joy to see this puppy exactly where he was supposed to be all along. He's got an owner who is head over heels in love with him ...

JUST
LIKE 
RITTER! 

No comments: