Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Still blogging (and posting them to Facebook)!

For some reason, JB did a personality quiz this week. He was an INTJ -- they are introverted intuition with extraverted thinking. Not surprising that they are called "The Scientist."

I was an ESFJ  -- we are extraverted feeling with introverted sensing. We are called "The Caregiver."

All of that is neither here nor there, but JB and I realized, as we watched the election results, how different people are in how they manage conflict and disappointment and frustration. We are all people. But we are unique.

I want people to get along so badly. I loathe conflict. I want the world to be a happy place. I would do anything to just have peace.

And I've decided that it is okay to strive for that. I've been really working on spending my time doing things that bring me joy. Seeing people fight on Facebook does not bring me joy so I'm not going to go there and watch people fight. I will still be doing my Blog, and it will post to Facebook. So you'll still see me there. My Blog brings me joy. Writing brings me joy. But looking through my Facebook feed will not bring me joy. And so I'll skip it for awhile.

Since I am not on Facebook, it was my husband who read me a post on our pastor's Facebook page this morning. It said:

Probably a good verse for all of us today: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." — Colossians 4:6

I am so sorry for those who are sad. I am not rejoicing. I don't think conflict can ever be a time to rejoice. But I do know that God is still God and that our world is still here and that we need to show Christ's love at all times.

And that's what I intend to do. I don't care who you voted for. I care about you as a person and you as a soul, and truly, there are a lot of things in the world bigger than this.

So I intend to write about farming and pigs and kids and homeschooling and the insanity of my life .... a few people mentioned they didn't want to stop seeing my posts because they were a happy spot for them.

THAT made me so happy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing! It was nice to hear an opinion that I completely support this morning.

Anonymous said...

I love that. Thanks! I had a coworker post something similar to her FB page before all of the results were in. Then this morning I have read nothing but negative, accusatory, hateful speech from her (and from so many others). It made me very sad. I then made the decision to stay away from FB for a while and to unfollow her from my feed.