Monday, November 14, 2016

Am I an Ambivert?

Over the last few years of my life, I have watched as Wendi the extrovert seemed to start exhibiting more introverted tendencies. Oh I still talk a lot and really work to not allow people to feel alone, but I've stopped desiring to entertain as much. I want to be home. With my family. Quiet. Through the first ten years of our marriage, JB and I were constantly having people over and bringing people together. But I have really shifted in my desire to do that. Is it having kids? Age?

I wrote a post on this a few months back defining myself under a new comfortable label: the outgoing introvert. 

And I recently stumbled upon a definition for me that also seemed like a very good fit:

Ambivert

You can understand the struggles of both introverts and extroverts because you have both of their traits. You are more flexible and hence like the only ones who can connect introverts and extroverts. Sometimes you may think that you are not special enough but indeed you can be very influential and have a great potential to be successful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are an extrovert. If you really look at the definition, it doesn't have to do with how much you like to entertain or how social you are. It's where you draw your energy. How you refresh yourself. And I think for you that will always boil down to people. Doesn't mean you don't like other quieter things, but I think people and connections are what spin your wheels. Just my opinion :).

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I concur w/everything Sarah wrote. obvious she knows you well. Introverts recharge, refresh and energize with quiet, but can be very social/love people.