Sunday, May 11, 2014

PCS Stress

The "PCS Stress" has arrived.

In my mind I try say ...

Everything will get done.
Stop worrying.
You'll be on that plane.
Everyone will be fine.
Adjustment will come.
The transition will occur.
The house will be emptied.
Inspection will be passed.

But my body doesn't feel that. My body feels like it has a huge rucksack strapped to my shoulders. And I watch as my kids exhibit signs of stress: bed wetting, accidents, crying, fretting. I strategize and list make and blow spouts of air up at the ceiling and cry more and make my husband say, "What are you crying/worry/fretting/stewing about now?"

We are six days from moving out of our house and into a hotel and putting Scrubs in a kennel because they don't have a pet-friendly TLF (hotel) on Base.

Make that five.

Your prayers are so appreciated during this time. Moving is never easy. Moving from country to country?

Let me repeat my mantra ...


Everything will get done.
Stop worrying.
You'll be on that plane.
Everyone will be fine.
Adjustment will come.
The transition will occur.
The house will be emptied.
Inspection will be passed.

And by month's end, we will be back in America.

I

can't

wait!





2 comments:

jenicini said...

It's so much stress!!! Hang in there W! Keep focusing on each day. :D

Kendra said...

I am feeling your mantra today! We are packing out in 7 days. I am saying no to stress and saying it WILL all get done and work out. We will move and it will ALL be okay in the end. Praying that things go smoothly this week, and the things that don't are able to be fixed quickly.