Sunday, January 15, 2006

Yesterday's post

Okay so rumor has it, yesterday's post was a little difficult for some of you. Congrats to any of you who spotted the tiny thirty-eight degrees in the corner of the picture. I was trying to make a point that the temperature here has been unseasonably warm. My desktop thermometer actually read 38 degrees. In January! Can you believe it?! Honestly, if the weather was like this all the time here, we would have no problem calling Minnesota home permanently. However, I had trouble posting any text with the photo (hence the long title.) So, I am posting the answer to the trivia quesiton today.

A sad fact: we know that this wonderful weather which allowed me to go to work one day without leggings or boots and, GASP, no hat, will not last forever. This is sad so I'm not going to talk about it anymore.

Another fun event occurred today. The electricity went out in our building. We figured this out when we returned from church and couldn't get into our underground parking garage. We hit our door opener against the dashboard, turned it upside down and did everything else we knew how to do. Finally, we parked outside, went inside, and discovered the elevators were down as well. So that's why our opener wouldn't work! In addition, there were quite a few older people stuck in the lobby. They were at church and when they returned, could not walk the stairs with the elevators out to go back to their homes. (We've often wondered what would happen in our buildling during a fire which is why JB and I graciously volunteered to be fire captains! We get a badge and everything! Okay, not really, but we are fire captains!)

About two hours later, the power returned. JB and I followed up church this morning with a few games of Monopoly (I won both) until the power came back on. We had a great time.

Yesterday, Tara and I scrapbooked for six hours! What an accomplishment! Then Jb made us dinner, Tara went home, and we watched War of the Worlds. It was okay in my opinion. JB loved it. Two nights ago we watched the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I thought this was entertaining. So did JB. I didn't like the new umpa loopas (sp?). JB loved them.

Tonite, we are having a few friends over to celebrate our friend Antonio's recent marriage and to meet his new wife. I'll take a few pictures. Right now I am doing some much needed cleaning. Well, actually, at this moment I am posting on my blog but I am just putting things off.

Our appointment is on Tuesday. Please keep praying everyone.

No comments: