Friday, April 12, 2024

Matthew West -- Mended

 

Lyrics
How many times can one heart break?It was never supposed to be this wayLook in the mirror, but you find someone you never thought you'd be
Oh, but I can still recognizeThe one I love in your tear-stained eyesI know you might not see him now, so lift your eyes to me
When you see broken beyond repairI see healing beyond beliefWhen you see too far goneI see one step away from home
When you see nothing but damaged goodsI see something good in the makingI'm not finished yetWhen you see wounded, I see mended
You see your worst mistakeBut I see the price I paidThere's nothing you could ever do, to lose what grace has won
So hold on, it's not the endNo, this is where love's work beginsI'm making all things newAnd I will make a miracle of you
When you see broken beyond repairI see healing beyond beliefWhen you see too far goneI see one step away from home
When you see nothing but damaged goodsI see something good in the makingI'm not finished yetWhen you see wounded, I see mended
I see my child, my belovedThe new creation you're becomingYou see the scars from when you fellBut I see the stories they will tell
You see worthless but I see pricelessYou see pain, but I see a purposeYou see unworthy, undeservingBut I see you through eyes of mercy
When you see broken beyond repairI see healing beyond beliefYou're not too far goneYou're one step away from home
When you see nothing but damaged goodsI see something good in the makingI'm not finished yet, noWhen you see wounded, I see mended
Oh, I see mendedWoah, oh I see mendedI'm not finished yetWhen you see wounded, I see mended

No comments: