Thursday, April 11, 2024

Can't live without him

 


Ann Voskamp is amazing. This article was sent to me (passive voice ... sorry) by my friend Meredith. It really, nearly totally, summarizes, what I have gone through in my life. I didn't know it. Friends tried to tell me. But I couldn't see it. I was pushing too hard. What I have realized was, it wasn't actually the things I was doing so much as the emotional ENERGY I was putting into trying to make everyone around me happy. It's impossible. (Have you met a teenager?) I am not in charge of other people's happiness. Sounds super simple. But it was very complicated for me. I truly had to get to a point that my body said I WILL NOT DO THIS ANYMORE for me to listen. 

And I am listening. So much in me is changing. It will be a beautiful change. But during the change, it is PAINFUL. It has been stuffed with anxiety and depression and exhaustion and barely feeling like I could take care of my family. But I am coming out on the other side. With Jesus. How do people live WITHOUT Jesus?

No comments: