Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Prayer for depression

Father God,

Depression feels like a heavy weight pressing consistently down on my head, my mind, my body, my heart, my thoughts, my breath. It’s a pressure that just won’t lift. I can’t get relief. And yet I know I may be feeling pressure from every side, but I am not crushed, I may feel alone, but I have not been abandoned. I may feel down, but I am not destroyed.

I’m exhausted physically, but You say You will renew my strength because I put my hope in You.

My thoughts are filled with negativity, the worst that could happen. Unrestrained A.N.T.s (automatic negative thoughts) are swarming uncontrollably. But You say I can take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.

Hopelessness is the season I’m drowning in, but You say You have a special future planned just for me.

So no matter how I feel I know Your truth. I know my mind and my body are weak and allowing these negative thoughts and despair to invade but Your Grace is sufficient. My weakness makes room for Your power.

So I will keep moving forward. Taking one day, one moment at a time. Knowing that if I keep my eyes on You, You will help me, because You love me.

And because I love You, you will work all things out for my good.

Thank you Father. I will be joyful because I still have hope, patient through this affliction and continue to pray to You in faith.

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Amen


Taken fromLoved + Blessed 


Loved + Blessed 

No comments: