Monday, July 13, 2020

Don't forget it


THIS is from our GOOD friend Christo. This is a Christian man who was a missionary doctor in India. He is a minority who loves the Lord. He is not a political man. He is an ER doctor. He does not make more or less money for anything he says. THIS is the fact.

This is what JB is seeing in his tiny ER in Greeneville, TN. His hospital is not anything as large so what he is seeing is on a smaller scale. But THIS is what doctors are worried about.

Now I am married to John. I hear about everything. My husband sees it first-hand.

And still, last night, he came home from work and I just started crying. I told him I didn't want to deal with COVID anymore or socially distance from my friends. I don't want to tell my kids not to hug people. I want to quit.

My husband looked at me and barely had words. He said something along the lines of: "If my own wife is ready to quit, we all might as well quit now."

I tried to plead my case again, and all he said was: "Wendi, I just need you to spend ONE NIGHT with me int he hospital to see this. But you can't. Because no one can come in. So you have to BELIEVE me. Space in the hospital is a major concern. Things are worse than they have ever been and we are more open than we have ever been."

I gathered myself and realized that while I may feel done with COVID, as my friend Nat said, "COVID isn't necessarily done with us." We can't quit this just because we are tired of it. It could truly break down our society.

Please take this as your reminder when you are struggling like I was. This is really not about death rates. This is about our hospitals having enough room to see patients that are sick and not overloading the system. That is what is at stake.

I fear we are all forgetting it. I am married to a front-line worker and I tried to forget it.

Don't!

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs to read this....because we are all FEELING DONE!! But this truly is what it’s all about right now and everyone needs to get out of their own heads and see it!! So well said...and written..thank you...n πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

TAV said...

It's such a hard time. Continued prayers for John, Christo and all frontline hospital staff, as well as that there aren't unnecessary lives lost due to people thinking "this is not a big deal.".