Wednesday, July 15, 2020

We Bought a Farm: Baby Ducks

 

This video makes my heart LEAP with joy!

Two reasons:

1. I have shared about our duck devastation due to a coyote. But as you can see, new life emerges! These two baby ducks are actually the product of a clutch of eggs that was on the ground when the tragedy occurred meaning their parents are most likely deceased. And yet ... they live.

2. My Isaac will tell you, in his own words, that he is not a farmer. With his dry and witty gesticulations, he will express his lack of appreciation for animals. ("I like puppies," he will say. "Not dogs. Just puppies.") 

But the truth is: while his exterior will say one thing, in moments like these, you see the truth. You see the real smile that he reserves for things that truly bring him joy. 

Why the ducks like his neck, I've no idea. But these two little lives mean we continue to have ducks on the farm.

And my son will continue to say he doesn't ... but he actually really likes them!


 

No comments: