Thursday, July 09, 2020

Homesteading Mama: Dinner for a Dozen





If Wendi has grown in any way over the last five years most, I would say it has been my ability to cook. 

Prior to moving back to America in 2014 I cooked very little if at all. My husband did all the cooking. He enjoyed it. I didn't. I didn't mind the dishes. And his food is just soooo much yummier than anything I can make.

But with him being in Emergency Medicine and working 12-hour shifts, I had to learn to cook. When our family was still on the smaller side, we started doing Blue Apron which I credit with teaching me how to be comfortable in the kitchen. 

Most days during the quarantine, we have about a dozen people eating dinner with us. Sometime the grandparents eat on their own. Sometimes Anni and her foster daughter don't join us. But it is always at least eight people and as many as twelve. 

I thought it might be fun to show you via video what that means on our farm. We are trying to eat as much of our own food as we can. Sixty percent is our goal. So here is a 60% dinner of Bauernhof food for a dozen people.


No comments: