Thursday, July 09, 2020

COVID-19 Musings

I have to write this .... somewhere. I won't connect it to Facebook because this COVID thing is such a minefield right now. How a virus got political is unfathomable to me. 

Who cares where it came from or how it got here or who is being deceitful. None of that matters. 

Does it?

What matters is that people are getting sick and they are dying. It's serious. It's really, really bad.

It's unfathomable to me that people are questioning a virus that my husband is seeing every day. 

Sure the media is crazy and blows things out of proportion. They always do. 

But this is real.

My husband is seeing grandparents who are staying home but are getting infected from their children who are off doing all their activities. The children are bouncing back with no problem, but the grandparents are getting very ill. 

Some are dying.

I hate this thing.

But mostly I hate the fact that my husband is not being respected while trying to treat this "thing."

It makes me so, so, so angry. I want to boil up inside and just explode. But I can't really say anything outside of my "safe people."

So I don't.

We don't talk about it at home anymore. We do what needs to be done. He gives me a few sentences of summary. But we are choosing to put ourselves into the things that bring us joy: our farm, our family, our faith.

Faith.
Family.
Farming.

Any questions?

So, so many. But I'll just hand them to Christ in my prayers and keep on keepin' on,

 

No comments: