Saturday, July 14, 2018

We are home

We have returned to the farm after a glorious week in Maine -- just my husband and me. We saved for this trip for many years, preparing our finances to have a splurge just the two of us. And a splurge it was. I'll write much more and show more pictures. But for now, we are home, and trying to readjust to life on the farm.

The hardest part of things on the farm is that our renovation project stalled. This was not due to the Reno team we used but due to cabinet issue with a middle man. It is no one's "fault" but it has taken our project from a three month estimate to the sixth month -- and we have been without a kitchen for months now. I forgot how hard it was until I returned home after being gone for a week. Man .... we are SO READY to have our house DONE. I cannot even put it into words.

My parents helped so much on the farm with the kids. Tijmen and Veronica were here to help with animals and farm "stuff." Mom Kitsteiner did the meals, and of course, Dad had to do about 1,000 things. In addition, the Kotynski family was here to help as well. It's amazing how many things need to happen in order to leave a farm.

I have lots more to write and pictures to share and blogs to post but for now ... WE ARE HOME! :)

No comments: