Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review: Smart Kids Media: Smart Kidz Radio

Smart Kidz RadioI want to share with you a different kind of review today. This one is from Smart Kidz Media and is called Smart Kidz Radio. It isn't really a homeschool product per say. Instead it is a media option for your child that is completely good for them!

Smart Kidz Media has many award-winning educational products, but this review is specifically about one of their education offerings -- Smart Kidz Radio which offers what they call an "edutainment" radio station for kids using songs to teach kids valuable life skills.

Smart Kidz Radio

Here's how it works. A parent logs in to either; (1) the Smart Kidz Radio App (which will be available soon but wasn't available to me for my review); (2) the website via an internet browser. And then your child listens to ad-free music. That's it. Super simple. In addition, while not quite available yet, there will be an on-demand section which will allow your children to play some on-demand stories at their leisure.

Designed for children in the 3-12 age bracket, it is completely FREE! Yes, you heard that right. FREE! However, the on-demand portion will be $3.99 a month (or $39 for a yearly membership.) This membership will give you access to over 1,000 children's songs and stories with specific programs falling into categories like Bible stories, fairy tales, life skills, or bedtime stories, etc.
Smart Kidz Radio
I used this program with all four of my children, and the results were as follows:

  1. My four-year-old loved it and would listen to it often.
  2. My seven-year-old liked as well. She didn't go to it as much as my four-year-old, but she enjoyed it.
  3. My ten-year-old boys thought it was too young for them, and they weren't very interested.
I'd like to add that my husband is usually a pretty intense critic of radio and shows that are not done "up to snuff." He has a low tolerance for Christian stuff that is just sub par. He, however, thought this was very well done. He thought the message was positive and that it truly met his "media gold standard." Trust me. This means a LOT! 

I want to suggest that this is a good option for little kids. I actually think the age range should be 2-8. As the on-demand and podcasts are perfected, I think this might fit children in the older range a bit better. 


Please take some time to check Smart Kidz Radio out on Facebook or Twitter. We want more GOOD STUFF for our children. And this is one of those things.

A screen shot of what things look like when you are logged in!



Smart Kidz Radio Homeschool Reviews

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: