Monday, January 01, 2018

Review: Prayer Monsters: Tori Fright Patches Things Up


Wow! Did I love this book. I love the illustrations. I love the message. I love the family presented. I love the concept. I just loveeee it. 

(Pssst -- my kids did too!)

Prayer Monsters is a book series written by former model, actress, and photographer
Tracey Madder. This series currently has three books:
We received a copy of the book about Tora in exchange for our honest review with the Tyndale Blog Network. And giving a glowing review is all we can do. 

This story is simply darling. It centers around the "Fright" family who live in a tiny house at the end of Quiet Street. However, her family is not quiet. There are five monster children to keep things very loud and very messy.

And in the midst of that mess, the tiniest member of the Frights, Booyah, accidentally breaks Tora's prized possession. What follows is a good lesson on forgiveness and what really matters. 

We have had this happen in our family. In our case it was a shell Isaac had collected and brought back with him from Portugal that Hannah destroyed. And sometimes, there is no way to make things "just like new."

I am really, really excited to have found this series and simply can't stop singing it's praises. I really encourage you to check it out, and truly, if you are a grandparent, to consider this for your next gift for your child. I really think kids in the 2-9 age group will especially find this a perfect fit.

"Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, 
forgiving one another, 
just as God through Christ has forgiven you." 
Ephesians 4:32

1 comment:

TAV said...

I remember your posts about Hannah and lying-- finding that our three-year-old is stretching the truth a lot (probably age-appropriate) but I'd like to check out the "Integrity" book!