Sunday, January 21, 2018

More Ballet

Folks, I am not actually sure what is harder -- farming or being a ballet mom. Specifically one that is helping with stuff and so I have to be at the play from the first drop of make-up that goes on until clean-up. Today that was from 12:45 until 7:00pm! Yikes. The good thing is this only one week a year so surely I can suck it up. But wow, am I tired. Not sure how my little "Blondie" (AKA Abigail) is doing it. Today we went to church together -- all six of us -- and then headed to the auditorium for a full dress rehearsal. It would be JB's first time this play working on make-up.

I may be limited in "girly mom" talents, but I think I've got some decent braiding skills. I love the way this turned out. I surprised myself (and Abigail too!)

I took a stab at make-up and was informed when I arrived that I had put on way too little make-up. So I very eagerly handed her over to my friend Jennifer to work her magic.

Another pic of the hair!

Getting into costume!

The full make-up including the little Sylph freckles!

Kristin doing the freckles.

With their cool head pieces. Abigail has FOUR dances this year! (Last year there were two.)

This little cutie pie just melts my heart. She is just as sweet as she looks! She didn't really like the little jewels by her eyes. They kept falling off.

JB began experimenting with make-up today. This was one attempt. (It's already changed since this so stay tuned for the finished product.)

My big softie of a husband.

JB has already informed me that she will never get married if he has anything to say about it.

JB practicing make-up on my friend Jenn who is volunteering and helping. (I really like her.) I love seeing JB doing his "Renaissance Man" thing!

Two more dress rehearsals before the four shows next weekend. Hangin' on for the ride! 

Oh and let me quickly add that during the first show, I was running late and forgot Abigail's tights. Made a quick stop at the only place in Greenville for tights -- Walmart. Was low on gas but thought I could just get it right after the rehearsal. Only I forgot a phone charger so I idled the car for a few minutes to charge my phone and ran out of GAS! Friend Kelly to the rescue. Ugh!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE!!!!!! Great job on the hair Wen!! She is simply beautiful!! The costumes and headpieces so special!! This is so exciting!! I am not at all suprised she becomes this different person on stage! Its in her blood and is her passion! And she is GOOD at it!! Cant wait to see the pics from performing next weekend! And way to go Sidge!! Working backstage is awesome!!AND John, a makeup artist!! VERY cool! It will be a busy and very special weekend; enjoy every wonderful moment! I miss it for sure!