Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Homeschool and what my week looks likes

Abigail showing off her toothless smile with the teacher who helped her come out of her shell!

Have I told anyone lately how much we LOVE our homeschooling co-op?!

One day a week we spend from 9am-2pm at a big church downtown where nearly 200 children are educated by dozens of parents. 

Hannah is taking: Pre-Kindergarten classes followed by a "Kidz Time" play time
Abigail is taking: PE (with me), Art, Wild Kratts, and Nature Time
Sidge is taking: Geography, PE (with me), Inventions, and Lego Robotics
Isaac is taking: Geography, PE (with me), Mechanics, and Lego Robotics

I am teaching a PE class first period for little kids (mostly grades 1-4) and a PE second period for bigger kids (mostly grades 3-7). I have third period off before I join my kiddos for lunch. After lunch we go to our fourth period class. I help in Nature Time for that class although because I teach two PE they go easy on me, and I am entitled to take that period off if I want it.

This is a big day for us because later that afternoon Abigail has ballet too. We are gone a full day. We are exhausted. But we LOVE it. 

My goal is to try and be on the farm for at least three FULL days a week. This means that I don't go anywhere on those three days. On Saturdays we have Bible Study and because Abigail is in a big ballet production in January, she often has practices on Saturday too. On Sundays we have church. And one other day of the week we have tennis. That is four days that I have to go up to town. But the other three I try not to schedule anything. 

Living a half hour out of town, it is important to me that we try not to be running into town regularly. We VERY rarely go into two times in one day unless it is absolutely unavoidable. We make it a point to schedule appointments when we are already up in town for something else. In addition, with four adults here on the farm, we really try to split up the need to go to town and plan our trips to do multiple things while we are there.

Another day of the week, two of my kids have speech. My mother-in-law has graciously offered to take them so I don't have to go out for that. It is at a local public school. Homeschoolers are entitled to all services a public school offers because we do pay taxes. 



No comments: