Thursday, February 02, 2012

Germany talk

I have come and gone to Germany. All in the space of about 24 hours.

Supposed to fly to Istanbul on Tuesday. Istanbul got snow. That's like Orlando, FL getting snow. No way they can handle that.

Flight was cancelled.

Found another way to get to Germany but it would be through Ankara and would take me the whole entire day.

I did it. Went to Ankara. Then went to Munich. Then went to Stuttgart. Jenny picked me up from the airport in Stuttgart and by 1:30am I was fast asleep in her guest room.

7:00am I was up. By 10:00am I was speaking.

I thought the talk went great. It was a good beginning to the additional speaking events scheduled while I am in Florida in the weeks I am there.

I took a 2:50pm flight back home. This one was direct, praise the Lord, which let me avoid Istanbul yet again.

JB, on the other hand, was due to leave for Utah on Wednesday for a Conference. When I arrived in Adana, I expected to see my friend Patty pick me up from the airport. But here was JB! And the kids! I thought I wasn't going to see John for a month so to get to see him one more day was great. His flight too had been cancelled, and so, he was now set to go out the following day.

This morning John finally headed to Utah. He's on the way there now.

I am heading back to the States this weekend. So exciting.

I have a lot of cultural stories to share you with from my whirlwind trip, but for now, just a note to say I am home, and if you prayed, thank you, because I felt the Lord with me during my journey and speech.

In addition, the Lord is so incredibly awesome to provide me with so many wonderful friends to help make this trip possible. From those that watched the kids to those who listened to my practice speech, to those who fed the dog or let my husband take a nap. Thank you!

I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

No comments: