Friday, March 11, 2011

Where's the Beef?



Take a look at the shelves of our Commissary (photos courtesy of my friend Sarah A.) Firstly we were weeks without OJ and yogurt. And now, no meat. None at all. Everything we get here comes in on a plane from Germany. Bad weather in Germany, travel issues in Germany, no products here. It's one of the things about living on the Base that is just a bit strange. It's one of the things that reminds you you aren't in Kansas anymore. We are definitely trying to "stock up" and be prepared for an absence of what we are used to. We can get some products off of Base but the nearest grocery store is in Adana, more expensive, and often doesn't carry a lot of the products we rely on.
I truly do believe I will go into a state of panic when we return to the US (or even Germany during my stork-nesting) and face choices again!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

An employee in the Commissary deli told me there was a problem with one of the container ships. Our Organic milk shipment was delayed, and the deli meat selection is pretty slim. Don't you love these little inconveniences? This is why every time I go back "home" to visit I nearly have a panic attack in most stores.