Sunday, March 06, 2011

Smily time

I know I am not the best "rolling play dough into a ball" gal there is in the world, but when you roll the play dough into a ball and your son (Isaac) says: "Mommy, that's not a ball. That's a dinosaur," well, you feel a little inadequacy in your skills I'll tell you what.

***

Isaac came up to me this morning and said, "Mommy, can I give you kisses?"

Well of course he could, and I told him so. However, as soon as gave me a kiss he said, "And now can I watch a movie?"

Huh?

How did he learn how to do that?

I told him that I appreciated the kiss but that that didn't mean it was video time. And to my surprise, little brother came running up to me and said, "Big hug Mama?"

Well of course he could give me a big hug! Unfortunately the conclusion of this hug also resulted in a request.

"Watch. Cars?" Elijah said.

Hmph. I think I'm up against a whole 'nother obstacle in this house.

Sweet manipulation. Not so easy to say no to when it is coming from a 2 year old bundle of love and chubs and hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is SO funny (and sneaky)! Good luck coming up with a new strategy.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah-they are their daddy's boys-little charmers:)either that, or maybe Veronica's teaching them some tricks!?
grandma k