Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update on Sarah

I wanted to provide everyone with an update on Sarah. Sarah is the daughter of my friend Beth, and I had asked people who read my blog to pray for her a week or so ago due to a tumor they found on her brain. I have received an update from Beth, and since many of you have emailed me asking for an update, I wanted to share what Beth told me today via email. I hope I get this all correct. Forgive me if I mix up any details.

The tumor appears to be benign. Apparently they are 95% sure that is the case. The tumor is in the left ventricle. They have decided to proceed with surgery to remove it due to the fact that it is currently small and manageable now but could grow and become more difficult to do surgery on in the future. As it grows, it could also impact her more as it touches on parts of the brain. They are not foreseeing any complications with the removal of the tumor. Sarah will most likely have the surgery next week. I will, of course, keep you updated. Please keep their family in your prayers as Sarah will have to stay in the hospital for a number of days in recovery. Also, mostly pray for Byron and Beth as I am sure this is harder on them than on Sarah. The great news is that because of Sarah's seemingly incidental fall, they found a tumor that may have continued to grow. I don't really see that as a coincidence!

Thanks everyone! They covet your prayers considerably!!!

No comments: