Monday, February 11, 2008

A few more glimpses of the weekend

This is on Saturday before Tara left. She is such a dog person! She decided to sit by Scrubs while he napped.

Scrubs, thinking he is a lap dog.

Sunday was a GORGEOUS day here in Florida. Sorry to make all of you Minnesotans jealous! After church, Tristan and Shannon and their three boys invited us to join them for a quick lunch on the bay. JB just finished a rotation with Tristan (ambulatory). We are so sad that they are done with their residency come July!

Here are their two oldest boys, Zachary and Michah. How cute are they?


And another one of these darling little guys.

Here is JB with the youngest: Nathan.

After a fun lunch, JB and I headed back to the house. I did an hour's worth of work for Mayo and then we headed to the dog park with Scrubs. I have NEVER seen so many dogs out. There were dozens and dozens of dogs (my guess would be 50?) Usually there are less than 10 there at a time. Seems everyone wanted to get out with their pups. Scrubs was still limping a bit but otherwise, had a great time playing and roaming. Mostly, he roams around and smells and figures out where I am, runs back to me, and then wanders off again, all the while waiting for a dog to start chasing him. Scrubs loves to be chased! He also goes up to anyone who wants to pet him and lets them pet him for about one second before he runs off again. Everyone who pets Scrubs is amazed at how soft he is! I agree! I love our soft doggie!

While Scrubs was playing, JB and I took turns running on the soccer fields next to the park. He ran first and then I went and ran. Exercise for all three of us!

Afterwards, we headed back to base. Since Scrubs was going to get a bath anyway, we decided to go to the bay. On the way to the bay with Scrubs, we ran into Matt and Tiffany and William so we all walked over to the bay together. Scrubs hadn't been in the water forever since it has been so cold (of course, this is a bit relative ... I understand), but he dove right in, playing in the sandbar, finding dead fish (yuck) and retrieving his now pretty pathetic looking frisbee.

We finished out the night with some leftovers. JB had to work on a presentation for his neurology rotation which starts today. He is doing it on RLS! I did some work in the nursery since Scrubs was so worn out he couldn't bother me. It is much improved so I'll try to take some pics later today to share.

What a wonderful weekend!

I've also updated our visitors to Eglin page. Click here to check it out.

2 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

what a fun weekend!

i was jealous of your weather, now i just pretend like i LOVE the cold. it's hard to do, but for my sanity, i must! :-)

i love the picture of the 2 little boys with the seagull! CUTE!!

oh my gosh, can you hardly believe that in a mere THREE months you, too, will have a little guy?!!

TAV said...

scrubs IS soft!!! hey wen- you have to change the 'visitors' page-- you have grace listed as jessie in the pic of the wilsons. i'm such a nerd.