Monday, February 25, 2008

No fork in me yet

It's Monday morning, 6:45am. JB was on call all day yesterday. Other than my time with Josh and Sarah on Saturday, I have spent the entire weekend working on the grant. Technically, the dumb thing isn't due until today. We were planning on having it done on Friday since my boss left for Washington D.C. yesterday. However, work away we still did. And I'll probably be working on it all day today.

I did take a break yesterday to take Scrubs to the dog park and then go on a run. Poor Scrubs had no idea why I made him run right after he had an exhausting one hour romp with a blood hound at the dog park. (I tried to explain to him the concept of being "stressed out" but he didn't seem to really get it.)

I also picked up Subway and watched the beginning of the Oscars with JB in the hospital. Oh, and by the way, according to the Subway "sandwich artist", I "smells good." I had just taken a shower before I picked up my food so as he was making my food he told me "You smells good. I smells like sandwich." (He was Russian I think.) Quite funny! I had a good laugh at that.

Oh, another thing I took a break for on Sunday. I went to church. I helped Brittney with the 2-3 year old class as her husband Clay was post-call. I actually had a good time with these ten youngsters. This is the first time I have worked in a Sunday school class since before our infertility diagnosis. I used to do it all the time when I was a teenager and at our church in Bowling Green. However, we stayed far away from the kids' wing in Minnesota. It was good to jump back in and help color and eat animal crackers. I'm still not in to helping kids blow their noses. I was glad Brittney was okay with that concept.

We are getting ready to head to North Carolina with Matt and Tiffany on Wednesday morning so JB and Matt can take their boards. I also have dog class tonight. Lots going on. Better get to it.

P.S. I know she doesn't read my blog right now because they are internet-less, but happy birthday Mom K.!

4 comments:

Gabbs said...

Wow, Wendi, I'm really proud of you with remembering birthdays lately. =)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great weekend with Sarah and Josh (despite the torrential rain!) Have a great trip to NC!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Can I poke you with a fork when you are done?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

OF COURSE EBBY!!!